Tuesday, June 26, 2007

OOOOOOKLAHOMA!?


So, we are leaving to go on an 18 hour road trip to Oklahoma on Thursday. Since Sunday, I have been running around like a crazy woman trying to get everything "ready". You would have thought I was completely insane.
First let's start with the van. It needed an oil change, wash and a deep vacuum to reach the goldfish that had fallen into the great beyond. Then the outside of the house, Kirtis has been so busy with school and work, so there's been no time to mow, so my mom and I hit it hard this morning with the lawnmower and weed eater. It doesn't look so great, but it still got it's hair cut, nonetheless. And we got a big boost of "woman power" for doing it! Then there's the dog. She needs kennell arrangements, shots updated and verified, things washed and a bath......... Okay, so I think you get the idea, and I haven't even got to the people yet.
Tomorrow we start the 24 hour countdown as I race to get all the laundry done, everyone packed, all the snacks, DVD's, toys, and hopefully the house (somewhat??) clean.
Aaaaaah. I can't wait to pull out Thursday afternoon with nothing left to do but be in the car for an eternity where there are no dishes, no laundry, and hopefully just great memories to be made.

No comments: