Saturday, June 23, 2007

Mommy's tired

Well yesterday I reached total and utter exhaustion before I even realized what was happening. After Kirtis got home from work and reminded me that he would have to work on a paper all night long and would have class most of the day Saturday, I just about lost a few screws. I mean I knew this all along, but somehow the realization was more than I could take. I handled it very maturely. Ate dinner by myself, locked in my room. Got really mad and went for a walk with Jackson at 6pm in 98 degree heat. All in all, I think I did a great job! Okay not really. But after Kirtis realized his wife was going crazy and we got Jackson in bed (what a relief from "mommy mommy mommy mommy mommy!") I fell asleep in a chair in the living room at 8 o'clock and realized, whoa, I think I am REALLY tired. Kirtis handled the middle of the night demands for more milk, and I slept right through. I woke up today feeling like a whole new woman. The thing is next time this happens what am I supposed to do? Just drive off into the sunset? Sounds nice.

1 comment:

Jeni said...

I feel your pain. I don't know what we do. Pray really hard? Count to 10 again and again so we don't blow our tops? It all just depends on the day and the situation. It's an ongoing learning process. Hang in there.