Thursday, August 30, 2007

Don't ever grow up!

This morning was Xiana's first day of ninth grade. Jackson and I walked her to the school bus and then Jackson rode his little bike around while we waited for the bus to come. Jackson was so excited to see the big bus, and looked at me so intently, his little eyebrows turned down and he said, "Mommy, I want to go on the school bus."
Just as Xiana's bus pulled away, another bus came behind and picked up a little elementary kid who was waiting with her mom. The mom walked on the bus to get her situated and it took a long time before the bus finally pulled away.
Pregnancy hormones kicked in and before I knew it I was teary-eyed and wanting to hug Jackson and tell him to not grow up, but to stay my little buddy forever. Of course, he was speeding away on his bike and I had to "run"--more like shuffle-- after him so he would not ride out into the street. So, no tender moment there, but it did make me want to really enjoy all the little sweet moments and not dwell on the frustrating moments as much.

5 comments:

nettifer said...

I think I would cry too seeing that and I am not pregnant. But you know me from Primary I cry really easy!

Jensley said...

That is so sweet. I'm going to google "non-grow-up potions" to slip in my daughter's drink.

Megs said...

That was funny. I was picturing you trying to catch up to Jackson and trying to have a special moment. It is fun and a little sad to watch them get older!

Girly Momma said...

gina- your blog is so cute! i love all of the pics, too. i have one more year before my oldest heads off to kindergarten. i think i'll be sad and happy all at the same time. i feel like we need to live it up this year before our life is governed by school for a very long time. i hope you are feeling good. congrats on the girl- girls are fun. i should know:)

Veronica said...

I am right there with you. With E starting preschool next week, I feel like my emotions are on my sleeve. These past 3 1/2 years have flown by so quickly! Seems like just yesterday we were bringing him home from the hospital.