Monday, August 27, 2007

Mickey Mouse Pancakes




This morning I carried on a Messick family tradition. Mouse pancakes and homemade syrup.
They were a hit and Jackson tore through 1.5 pancakes, pretty impressive for him.

Here's the basic maple syrup recipe: It's SOOO easy.

1 cup sugar
1 cup brown sugar
1 cup water
1/8 tsp salt

Bring to a boil and add 1 tsp maple flavoring.
You can use any combination of sugar as long as it is 2 parts sugar to 1 part water.

I went and bought a syrup pourer at Sur La Table. Pricey, but hopefully worth it!

I want to try some different flavors one of these days too. Blueberry, strawberry. It could be fun. I will let you know how it goes!

5 comments:

Jensley said...

I laughed about that camera cord. One time my nephew hid his bottle lid while I was watching it, and I couldn't find it anywhere. The next week when I watched him again he brought it to me. I still don't know where it was.

This also happened to my hubby when my niece wanted to play with his mini-mag lite.

Jensley said...

I meant while I was watching him. And those pancakes sound scrumptious.

nettifer said...

What a fun mom you are. My mom wakes up with my little one and she gets Mickey Mouse pancakes every morning and I think to myself. She doesn't know how good she has it.
Way to go mama on making homemakes syrup!

Hansel said...

Gina and Kirtis,
Kelli and I tried to send you a card recently but didn't have your address, so I am very glad that I was able to find your blog. You can see the fun news that we wanted to share by looking at our blog: www.thecanoeman.blogspot.com

Hansel said...

P.S. When you are bored some day, you should go to the blog search tool http://blogsearch.google.com/
and just type in the names of some of your old friends, it is really fun to see how many people have blogs and to see what they are all up to. I know that the Smoots (Julianne) have a blog, as do the Robinsons (Jessica Simmons), my sister Brooke O'Farrell has a very powerful one, and lots of others. Take care.