Saturday, September 15, 2007

On missing husbands....

You know how wives can sometimes get tired of hearing ESPN on the tube, of picking up the occasional dirty socks on the floor, and responding to last minute requests like, "oh, by the way, could-you-find-my-passport-and-2-visa-photos-and-run-them-to-my-school-because-the-deadline-was-three-days-ago-and-if-you- don't-do-it-today-I-can't-go-on-my-10-day-trip-to-china...." You know, stuff like that.

Well, this morning I woke up and I just wanted to hear some sports on TV, or maybe a shirt left beside the OTHER side of the bed. Or maybe even a "honey could you please...." I actually got close to turning on NFL Network on myself, even though I have virtually no interest in it whatsoever. (Sorry hun!) Instead I heard the intro song for Thomas the Train one more time! (Jackson's request nearly every waking hour is, "pees, can I watch trains?!" and since we have "on demand"- he gets it pretty much, you guessed it, on demand!)

So tonight I sit here in silence, so glad that this will be my last night (until next month) to have to go to bed with no warm body next to mine, and no grown up person to spend the late night hours of the day, and no one to share the demands of caring for a household and a 2 year old and a 15 year old and a dog.
And so Kirtis, you have been missed, by me and Jackson, I think by Xi, maybe even by Honeybabe, but especially by me!

6 comments:

Veronica said...

Wow, does he have to go out of town every month?? That stinks. I know what you mean about missing the dull hum of football on TV. BTW, I will make the bread if you let me eat some jam!! That sounds soo good right now!!!

Girly Momma said...

cute cards below. i like them. and good job on the haircut. don't you just love being a single mom? funny-i thought we got married to avoid that. i'm glad your hubby is coming home soon.

Gina said...

Okay veronica, it's a deal. Jam for bread!
Sunny, I know, sometimes I think, this is not what I signed up for! But then, it's always so great when he comes home. I definitely appreciate him more. He shouldn't be travelling too much after next month. Yeah!

nettifer said...

Yeah for when Daddy comes home! It sure gets hard, but hopefully he brought you home something cool!

Heather Jones said...

I never could make it if Todd traveled I can't even sleep one night without him I wake up all night. I feel for those who have husbands that travel. I hope Todd never will at least without me!!!

the smoots said...

Gina. WOW! It's been so long and I'm so glad that you found me...so I could find you! You blog is great, and your cake blog is AMAZING! When in the world did you learn how to do that?!!? Miss you! I can't wait to keep in better touch now that our blogs are "out"!!
More soon!