Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Painting party.

Okay people, I am still alive. It's just been awhile!
I have been painting Jackson's room. I finally decided to do green and yellow with the room divided in thirds. I'll post pics later. We left nearly all the furniture in there so Jackson could continue taking naps and sleeping (smart, huh!). So I've been pushing it around the room as much as I can to get to a bare wall. It's been SOOOO impossible to get it done because I can't do it while he is napping, or sleeping at night, so that leaves while he is AWAKE, and that is a complete disaster. Several mornings I have locked myself in his room while he watched his TV line-up and tried to pretend I couldn't hear the banging on the door!
Last night Kirtis took Jackson to the park for me so I could "finish up"-- I had to do HALF the room, and I had from 6:30-8:00(his bedtime). I had to tape and paint SO fast, and I was exhausted, but finished in time. Yeah! One more thing to cross off the list before the baby comes.
So now I'm trying to get our life back in order, because mom doing a project means that the maid doesn't show up for work, and the laundry, the dishes and every toy from here to high heaven really misses her.

3 comments:

Girly Momma said...

painting with kids is such a pain! we end up painting until late hours of the night at times. and it is a pain, but so great to be finished. you feel so accomplished!

Veronica said...

Aaaaggghhh!!! I feel your pain. It is so hard to paint with kids around. That is why only half our upstairs is done! I just got too pregnant and too tired of keeping kids out of the paint!

Jen said...

I feel for ya too. We are painting the cabinets in our kitchen, and I have practically the entire floor covered in newspaper. We had to buy a wider gate so we could just gate the whole thing off.