Friday, September 14, 2007

Rasberry Freezer Jam

Since Kirtis is out of town I have found I have to do a million things to keep me busy and not thinking about the fact that I am tired and alone! So yesterday I made rasberry jam!













I feel SO domestic, and SO Mormon now! I bought a case of rasberries on Thursday (on sale!) and went to town. My favorite part was mashing the rasberries--they are just beautiful and DELICIOUS. Adding the sugar was my second favorite part. What's not to love about sugar? The combination just sounds fabulous. I think I'm going to give the jam a test run tonight for my (very crucial) right-before-bed-pregnancy snack. Now if someone could just bring over some homemade bread to drizzle it on.... that would be great!

4 comments:

Lacey Robinson said...

Gina...I love freezer Jam! I made Strawberry, and gave it away to the family Kenny home-teaches, and to the girls I visit taught...I also felt very domestic, and very mormon! Ha ha ha!

nettifer said...

Share the recipe! I grew up on that stuff, but my mom doesn't make it anymore sad! You are so "mormon" :)

Heather Jones said...

That looks so good!!!I will definetly need to know how to do it if it is easy!!!

Gina said...

You just buy the rasberries (or strawberries) lots of sugar and the instructions are in the package of "pectin". I had no idea how to do it, but it wasn't too hard! I've never canned or done anything like that before, so I am definitely a novice!