Friday, December 7, 2007

13 days to baby!

My mom came to town for my Birthday this weekend. We had a blast! She helped me finish the crib bumpers and skirt for the baby's crib, and also got the "sewing bug" into me again!


















I had so much fun designing these flowers.
















It's actually kind of funny. I really do love to sew, and I'm feeling more confident little by little. But the last time I really made something was when I was pregnant with Jackson, and here I am pregnant again and I'm sewing like crazy. I better hurry and finish these projects before the "sewing hormones" are gone!
















Here's my first dress!
















I still need to finish sewing the skirt on and also doing the buttonholes in the back. But I'm so happy with how it is looking.

8 comments:

rangersRus said...

Oh my precious!!! Want to sew me some cute things too! :)

Jeni said...

So adorable! I am so impressed! Now I know who to go to for questions.

Megs said...

The bumper is amazing. I can't believe you pieced it together by hand. The dress is very cute as well. I am so impressed with you. Good luck with the next two weeks!!

Team Covey said...

You rock, Gina. That dress is to die for cute. I am supposed to go shopping for a sewing machine. That's my present from my mom for bearing a child. What brand? What kind?

Veronica said...

I LOVE the crib bumper and dress! You will love having a little girl. I could sew them stuff all day long!

nettifer said...

Those bumpers are so stinking cute and so original!
Love the little dress! Very impressive. I love learning new things about my friends

mommamia said...

I am so proud of you and your fabulous sewing skills. The dress is adorable.

Jared said...

I think Kirtis needs to hone in on his sewing skills, now that his schooling is pretty much finished. I hear if you are a BYU fan then sewing should come easy.