Sunday, January 6, 2008

Avery Jane


Hello friends! Well I have finally gotten back on the computer. It's been a great relaxing few weeks. Lots of snuggle time with our new sweet baby and lots of naps.
My mother in law Kristi was here helping for a few weeks and it was great to have someone take care of Jackson, the house and make sure I got a nap in every day. Then my sister Tammy flew in a few days early before school at BYU started. What a great help!

So, this is my first week doing things on my own. So far so good. Avery had a doctor's appointment this morning and is now 8 lbs 3 oz. Way to go girl! I'm happy she's growing great, but also sad that this means she'll outgrow her newborn clothes before she knows it!

Also, we decided to name her Avery Jane Hill. Kirtis wanted Avery Kristine (Kristine is my middle name). But while I was in the hospital I kept wanting to call her Avery Jane, so I said, let's just name her that.
Anyway, she's a doll and our biggest fear for her is getting picked up or jumped on by her big brother! He LOVES her and is starting to get more "comfortable" with her. So we are always on guard!

13 comments:

Stacy said...

I remember getting out of the shower and Niles was riding Kenzie like a horse. She was starting to turn blue as he was sitting on her tummy. She survived and so did Niles. It is so nice when they get big enough you don't have to worry about them killing each other. She is really cute and I am sure they will be great buddies soon.

Greg and Rhonda said...

Gina- she is soo beautiful!!! I want to see more pictures of her! I so wish I could come out and see her for myself! I hope the rest of the week on your own goes okay!

janae said...

Gina...she is such a pretty baby! I agree...post more pictures if you get time. Good luck getting through your first week!

nettifer said...

Gina she is so cute and I love her name! I think Jane is adorable! Can't wait to snuggle up with her again! Call me if you want Jackson to have a break, we are always home playing!

Joyce and Veldon said...

I can hardly wait to get my snuggle time with Avery and my play time with Jackson. She is adorable.

sandals said...

She's lovely! Congrats!

rangersRus said...

she really is a beautiful girl- and I think Avery Jane is a great name! :)

Natalie said...

She is so cute. I think she already looks a little like Jackson. I think I used to lock Ashton in the bathroom with me when I took showers and plugged in baby einstiens or some other T.V. show for Hayden. If all else would fail I wouldn't shower till Tys got home. How long is it exceptable to stay in your PJ's all day anyway? I think you can still get away with it for a while.

Lettie said...

Congradulations on you new arrival. She's beautiful.

Jen said...

what a perfect beautiful scrumdiddlyumptious small child. Congrats.

Veronica said...

She is so precious!! I'm so glad I got to see you for a minute today. I hope she starts doing better for you at night! PLEASE call me if you need a break. Things are so great for me right now and I really am in a position to help out! BTW, Hailey's middle name is Jane! It's so pretty and classic!

Heather Jones said...

She is so dang cute I am glad you are doing well and have got to relax and cuddle!!!

Jared said...

Good thing for Avery she looks more like her mother... :)