Friday, March 21, 2008

Garden Boxes

How does your garden grow?

Well, we have no idea. It feels like a grand experiment to me!
There are seeds for lettuce and peas in there. We have to wait 2 weeks to see anything. I can't WAIT to see if this works. It feels like such a miracle to me that from those tiny seeds, plants will grow, and produce things that we can actually eat! Crazy! I hope it works!

Oh, and for those of you who were wondering, we did our garden boxes based on Square Foot Gardening. They recommend 1/3 peat moss, 1/3 vermiculite (It's the little white dots you see in the soil by the roots when you buy plants), and 1/3 compost. We didn't do exactly those ratios, but we have those three things in there. I had no clue what any of those things were before today!

2 comments:

Melanie said...

Very cool, I'm totally interested in gardening this year but hesitate to tear up the lawn (lots of work), etc. I may have to call you to see how it goes! (and to get ideas...)

nettifer said...

can i eat some of your veggies this year? i am going to plant pumpkins for sure!