Friday, March 21, 2008

A little experiment.

So, I feel like a fifth grader with our little seed projects going on. It is so exciting to me! I have wanted to do grow herbs for awhile, so I'm finally doing it.
I bought seed packets for basil, parsley, chives and cilantro. Then I thought I would try a few flowers too, while I'm at it.
I bought this little "mini greenhouse" at Lowes.

You just plant the seeds right in the little pellets. They get big and soft when you add water.

You can grow these indoor now and then plant after fear of a heavy frost (usually about Mother's day in Utah).

I'll keep you posted, on how the little seeds do!

3 comments:

Commonly Cheap said...

Found your blog by clicking "next blog", saying hello.

I laughed when I saw this because I have the mini greenhouse and bought herbs to grow as well. My greenhouse did really well and I had seed sprout four days later. I bought mine at Walmart! Good luck with yours.


If you visit me, please leave a comment of no more than seven words or less! Have a great day.

david santos said...

Good posting, Gina!
Good luck.
HAVE A NICE HAPPY EASTER!

nettifer said...

check you out little gardner?