Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Grains on the mind

So after several other bloggers' posts about food storage, and wheat bread, and the lost arts, I got an offer from my mom that if I would buy a year's supply of wheat, she would buy me a wheat grinder. I said deal, and when I went home I got a bread tutorial and ate a lot of the wholesome stuff while I was there.http://www.freefoto.com/images/09/03/09_03_14_prev.jpg
Last night, I received a loaf of hot wheat bread (I ate almost half of it with butter slathered all over! Delicious!) I can't get these whole grains out of my mind. And, I just got an email confirmation that my wheat grinder is on its way, and my wheat! Check out all these links if you want to learn more! Just sitting here waiting for the postman.
-G

4 comments:

Jen said...

Must be the zeitgeist, because we just pulled our grinder out of the garage to give it a whirl. Good luck with the bread.

Joey & nettifer said...

Glad you liked the bread - yummy!

stephanie and dave said...

wow...you're amazing! grinding your own wheat and making your own bread. too bad we don't live closer :)

bethany said...

You're like the little red hen :)
I've thought about getting a wheat grinder, but I'm not sure how often I'd be motivated to get it out...

Oh yeah and I wanted to make sure you got the cape and everything was okay with it....
Good luck with the bread!