Thursday, June 19, 2008

Dad's Funeral

Dad died one month ago today on May 18th. It seems fitting that I now post the pictures from his funeral.
Dad's funeral was on Thursday May 22nd in Sugar Land Texas. It was a wonderful celebration of his life. It was such a bittersweet time to meet with so many loved ones and share memories of our sweet dad.

Here are some pictures of the event.


My sweet Grandma Messick. My Aunt Juleen, Aunt Valerie, my sweet mom, and my cousin Tiffany.


I love this one of the pall bearers. I love the reverence and the somber mood their faces portray.
A dear family friend, Rebecca Morton, did the flowers. She did the flowers at my wedding and Rhonda's too. The flowers were absolutely beautiful, and it meant so much to us.
John Quinlin (foreground) was a wonderful home teacher and family friend for many years. Bishop Owens in the background.

My lovely sisters.

Dear family friends. Sherie Staub and Bill Moore. It means so much that they loved our dad so much.

Grandkids.

The grandkids enjoyed placing flowers on the casket.





We miss you, Dad.

6 comments:

bethany said...

I'm sure it was a beautiful event-I'm sorry that I wasn't able to be there for it. I just wanted to add my condolences for your famiIy. will always remember your dad as being a wonderful man.

Melanie said...

I love the pictures of your mom...so real. I can't believe it's already been a month and I've been thinking about you and your family!

Bertie said...

Your dad was a great man:) I'm so sorry I was unable to make the funeral but it seemed very fitting and beautiful!

Megs said...

It looks like a really sweet day and I am so glad things went so well.

Margo Munanui said...

Thanks for sharing the pictures of your dad's funeral. It looks like it was a beautiful funeral.

Paige Sinclair said...

Gina, your dad was the neatest man. He always had a smile on his face and truly cared about how people were doing! I hope your family is doing well!