Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Update

It's been awhile, so I thought I would update everyone with what is going on here with us.
My dad passed away Sunday May 18th about 8am. I was traveling to Houston while he passed. I was sad to have missed him, but I know he was ready to go. I was glad I could be there to help Mom and Tammy who were both very exhausted from the previous weeks.
The funeral was wonderful. For those interested in reading the funeral service, most of the talks are available on my dad's blog.

Thanks to all of you who have expressed your heartfelt support at this time.

In the meantime, life just keeps on going. After the funeral, Kirtis and our family stayed in Houston another week, and made a family trip to Sea World. Jackson is obsessed with "sea life" so he LOVED it. We had such a fun time with Mom and my sister Rhonda that week. We ate lots and lots of kolaches. If you don't know what they are, you are missing out. Pictures will be coming soon.

5 comments:

Michelle said...

Sea World!? As in Sea World San Antonio!? Because that is seriously like 6 miles from my house! Oh man I'm sorry I missed ya!

Joey & nettifer said...

You are such a good person. Sorry about your dad - but what an awesome outlook you have!
Glad you got to have fun out there. Jackson was probably out of control with the sea life- he is so adorable.! Glad you made it home and safe.

sandals said...

I am sorry for your loss. Glad to know you have an eternal perspective on it and know you will see him again.

Girly Momma said...

i am so sorry about your dad. that has to be really hard. i'm glad your family could go out to be there at that time. and sea world is always great.

Bellie said...

I am glad you guys made it back OK and that you were able to spend some extra time with your family :) Let us know if you guys need anything at all.