Sunday, August 10, 2008

Mom and Dad's 35th Wedding Anniversary



Today August 10th, 2008 would have been my mom and dad's 35th Wedding Anniversary.
I have to admit, it's been a hard week for me. I've thought a lot about all that my dad has missed being gone for almost 3 months now. I've thought a lot about how painful today has to be for my sweet mom who has bravely and courageously been living her life alone these past months.
There is so much I want to tell Dad, and so much that I wish he could be here to experience with us. I think what hurts the most is him not seeing my kids grow up and them not knowing their grandpa as they grow up. Dad was always working toward milestones, and today would have been a big one for him. He hated to know that his cancer would ultimately leave Mom alone, and that makes a day like today especially hard.

I know the hole he has left in our hearts will heal with time, but for now I am just sad that Dad couldn't be here with Mom, just for today.

8 comments:

Sunnie said...

gina you are so strong. i'm really sorry about your dad. i can imagine that that must be so hard, for you and your mom. thanks for sharing with us.

Joey, nettifer and Madelyn said...

I just love you! I am so sorry!

Jen said...

I thought about you all weekend because I had to teach RS on words of consolation in the time of death. (14 in the JS Manual, very good). Anyway, I just feel for you, because I have always thought parents should be immortal because it is just so nice to have them there. I just take mine for granted, sometimes. And I hope you are doing okay because I can only imagine how difficult it must be. You're in my thoughts and prayers.

Megs said...

This was a sweet post and I have thought of your mom on more than one occasion. I am sorry you are missing your dad right now and hope you know I love you!

Margo Munanui said...

I am so sorry!

Veronica said...

Oh this breaks my heart!!!!! :( :( :(

Leslie said...

that is/was the hardest part about losing my husband's mother, that she's not around to know our incredible kids. she knew our oldest only until she was 2, then we lost her. it breaks my heart every time they have a birthday or something and their grandma's not there to hug them. i still get caught in the unfairness of it all and it's been 5 years. call me selfish, but i just want her back.

wishing your mom peace and love, she's so incredible.

Gina said...

Thanks for all the comments and support. It does seem so unfair at times doesn't it? I'm not sure that feeling will go away anytime soon. Good thing for the peace the gospel brings!