Monday, January 12, 2009

On new years...

So, one of my resolutions was to spend less time on the computer, and, as part of that to cut back on my blogging time. I've been evaluating my purposes in blogging, and part of it is an outlet for me as a mom, to share frustrations and successes with all of you out there. I realized as I tried to cut back, that I really miss it. So, I think I will just try to check blogs once a day, rather than getting sucked in numerous times a day. I feel like I've been spending lots of quality time with the kiddos doing projects and playing on the floor, and that blogging has its place in my day too.

So, I thought I would share with you my first project of 2009 that is now complete. Check!

I so should have taken a before picture, but basically there is this molding that forms a square and when we moved in it was sponge painted grey. I'm sorry, but isn't sponge painting like so 80's? Anyway, here's the after: In case you can't tell, the vinyl says "Create" and I've hung all of Jackson's little art projects up.
It kind of turned out looking like a bulletin board- but I am glad to have this done, it's been in the back of my mind for a long time now!

7 comments:

Veronica said...

That is a great way to display his projects! I am going to steal that idea :)

Tammy Messick said...

Oh, I love it! I can't wait to see it...

Jen said...

Adorable. You are so talented.

JaNae said...

Great idea! Where in your house is this? what fun projects you've been up to. Jackson's really getting good.

Joey and Nettifer said...

Oh that vinyl does look good there!

Amy said...

Very nice! I like it. Your xmas morning looks great too. I LOVE the pic of the kids with Santa. Avery's screaming and Santa just looks annoyed. I thought his face said it all and it made me laugh.

JaNae said...

By the way....yeah!!! I'm glad you're not giving up blogging. (not that I can talk...it's been a while since I've posted!) It's always hard to find a balance though...good luck going through some withdrawals. Time with kids is sure a good replacement though.