Sunday, February 8, 2009

Recipe Favorites

My goal this year was to help our whole family be healthier. Here are a few new healthy recipes we have tried and loved.

P.F. Chang's Lettuce Wraps
- Kirtis and I couldn't get enough of these.
I made them with ground turkey instead of using chicken breasts. I even left out a couple ingredients I didn't have and it still tasted really good!

Simply Healthful Whole Wheat Pancakes:
You must try these! They are the fluffiest, best whole wheat pancakes we've tried. There's no oil in them either! Don't skip on the flaxseed. :)

Robyn's Baked Oatmeal.
We just tried this this morning.
We added chopped apples and it tasted like apple crisp. It was delicious, and the first time I've gotten Jackson to eat oatmeal. He kept saying, "Mmm. This is so yummy!"

7 comments:

Jen said...

I'm glad you posted these. We are in need of some variety from delicious butternut squash for dinner around here.

just jen said...

i though that baked oatmeal looked good...now we will try it for sure!

Marleen said...

Thanks for sharing one of our recipes. Heather will be so happy to know that you liked it. Way to go on making a healthy change for your family.

Margo said...

Wow those recipes looks so yummy and healthy. Thanks for sharing them we will definitely try them.

Amy said...

I too have a great recipe for whole wheat pancakes and they're so good! It seems like a while back my mom tried making the lettuce wraps and they weren't all that great. I'll check out your recipe.

Goose said...

Gina-you're such a good mom-cooking so healthy for your cute little family! I love the edamame! Mmmmm. My kids love it too. Ash had fun with Jackson this week! He's a doll.

Robyn/Lauren said...

I'm so glad you liked the oatmeal! I love it too!