Monday, June 15, 2009

Summer fun

Last Saturday (okay two Saturdays ago, now!) we went to Burke Lake Park for the afternoon. J and Daddy went fishing while Avery and I went for a walk.
Avery was excited to see her daddy and big brother.

No fish, but still happy!
Then we decided to get some icecream at Piccomolo's in Fairfax. Yum! After, we went for a long walk around some nice neighborhoods by Kirtis' work. We popped in for a bathroom break at Kirtis' work and ran into his boss, who told him about the fair in Fairfax.
At this point it was almost 8:30 pm. I was all for going home. What a fun day we had already had!
But Kirtis was the fun nazi that night and we headed to the fair.
It was so stinking expensive, but worth it for the memories right? Jackson seriously had the BEST time. Duh- cotton candy anyone?

Me and Jackson on the swings. I seriously love these. We had so much fun.



JAckson and daddy rode the caterpillar ride. J is finally old enough that these don't scare him anymore! Yeah!

Kirtis and Jackson won the water squirting game and got this ginormous ball!

To end the night we all rode in the ferris wheel. Such a beautiful night.



There was even fireworks!

We had such a fun day. It felt like a mini-vacation.
I love my little family. I feel so blessed with such a wonderful (and hot!) husband and the two cutest kids ever. :)

5 comments:

Amy said...

that is so fun! I love days like that! I don't think anything else can top a great time with the family with lots and lots of memories!

Tami said...

What a fun day! I enjoyed our run this morning!

Megs said...

What a fun day. I was worn out just reading about it. Glad Kirtis put his foot down on the fair :) Sounds like it was totally worth it. Your kids are so cute. I can't believe how big Avery is.

Mike said...

You are a trooper to go on the swings! I would have been so sick!

(This is Mandi, by the way. I just realized I am signed in as Mike.)

Amy said...

What a fun day! I've sooo been wanting to get some little boat and take the kids out on the river here or a little lake. Where did you get your boat? It looked so much fun. I love those swings too.