Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Pools in heaven?

Jackson says the cutest stuff sometimes.

We were at the pool today having one of our "talks" during a break.
J: "I wish Honeybabe (our deceased dog) could be at the pool with us because she would just love it."
Me: "Oh I'm sure she's swimming away up there."
J: "But Heavenly Father doesn't have any pools in heaven."
ME: "I'm sure he does."
J: "I think I need to ask him." (J continues on folding his arms, then whispering to me- fold your arms, mom!)
J: "Dear Heavenly Father, Do you have any pools in heaven? And could you send Honeybabe and Joy (grandparents' deceased dog) down to play with us? In the name of Jesus Christ, Amen."

I have to admit I had the chuckles. I secretly wanted to get him a dog too. Shhhhhhh.

6 comments:

Rhonda said...

What a cute kid! I love this! Can't wait to see you guys!

Mandi said...

Maybe for a "housewarming gift"? Just a thought! :)

Tammy said...

My favorite part..."fold your arms, mom!"

Margo said...

That is soo cute. What a nice boy!

Megs said...

I can't believe that you were not already folding your arms. I mean, I bet you also pray with your eyes open ;) That is such a great story and I sure hope that there are pools in heaven!!

Heidi said...

What a cutie!! I was totally laughing when I read that. I can so picture it. I'm so glad you wrote down that memory. You guys will laugh so much about that when J is older. So funny!