Sunday, September 6, 2009

Our new addition


I know. Hard to believe!
We've been wanting a dog for awhile. (Okay, Kirtis always wants a dog, and has been warming me up to the idea for a long time, and now that we have A dog, he is trying to talk me into ANOTHER dog. He's crazy!)
It's not ideal timing, but when we took Millie from my brother's family to babysit on a "trial" period, it didn't take long to realize we loved her and just couldn't NOT keep her.
She's an amazing dog. So much better than Honeybabe ever was. RIP honeybabe! (Honeybabe deserves a follow up post of her very own!) Millie, however, doesn't get into the trash, steal food from kids, eat diapers, or poop in the house! I guess I can get used to that. :)

8 comments:

JaNae said...

Guess it's official! I was waiting for the "Millie Post"...now I can rest easy that you guys really are serious!

Yeah!!! We're so happy that Millie can still be part of our family without being part of my day! And glad that you guys are happy about that too! She really is the best dog ever! Give her a tummy rub from us!

Heather said...

Well...we have another one if you need it.

Kristen said...

Your picture of Millie is cute. To put it on your blog is cute Kirtis.

from Nathaniel

Jeni said...

I love that name. I'll just warn you that if our next child is a girl we're naming her Millie. Not pregnant, that's just been on the top of our list since we had Vivi.

Jen said...

Congrats! My hubby detests dogs, and my mom loves them, so dog ownership is a source of mild unease around here.

Amy said...

She's a cute dog. However, the reasons you listed why this dog is easier than Honeybabe is exactly why I never want a dog. Yes, I admit it. I'm a dog-hater. And pretty much a pet-hater. I'm too much of a germaphobe to ever let a creature into my house. Danny grew up with a dog and he says maybe some day....I say over my dead body. We'll see who wins. :)

The house looks great by the way. Tons of progress!

pollyhill4 said...

Wow! You got another dog! You are a brave woman. This means that you can definitely handle a third child. How much fun for the kids. We hope to get one soon too. Polly

Angie said...

You took the plunge?!?? Congratulations! I bet Jackson is so happy!!!!