Thursday, October 29, 2009

Now that's progress...

They started putting up drywall on Sunday, and when we went over yesterday they were just finishing up the siding! It really makes it look like a real house now! They also installed the garage door and delivered the railings for the stairs.
Here's the back of the house.

My mom's house. They initially delivered the wrong framing supplies, so it has sat a few weeks like this. They just delivered her new framing stuff and hopefully hers will start to look like a real house soon too!
I had to include this picture of Jackson even though it's blurry so you guys could see our "woods". We are so excited to have some trees on our lot! Right now it's the bathroom spot when Jackson has to "go" while we are looking at the house! Ha ha. I'm sure that won't change too much after we move in. Boys will be boys, right?

Here's some drywall as proof! This is the master bedroom.
We really are so excited and definitely counting the days.

10 comments:

Margo said...

Your house is really coming along. What a big house! I bet you can't wait to move in. Glad is almost done. Yea!!

Mandi said...

yippee! I am excited for you- and jealous too!

Audrey said...

It looks amazing! Congratulations, Gina!!

Kristin and Joe said...

Yay for you guys! How fun to know that it is close to being done! It looks like it will be such a nice house!

Megs said...

I love it!! Thanks for posting pictures. That is very exciting and hopefully they continue with fast progress.

melbel said...

Wow! How neat to see it go up! When will it be done? Has your mom sold her house in Texas?

I keep trying to convince my mom to come to Omaha with me, but alas, she has too many of her roots in Utah. That's great for both of you that you'll be so close together.

stephanie and dave said...

woo hoo! it looks so great! can't wait for you to leave the ghetto for your beautiful house!

Lynette said...

Your house is looking so good...I can't wait for you guys to finally get to move in...not too much longer!!

Jen said...

I'm jealous. I've always dreamed of building a house. It looks so lovely!

Angie said...

Your house looks great Gina!