Sunday, November 15, 2009

We went to Texas

The kids were awesome travelers! We lucked out with a whole row on one of our flights so Avery didn't have to sit in my lap!
We ate awesome food. This is the armadillo in front of Goode Company BBQ. I ate there THREE times. So yummy.

The weather was perfect. I forgot how perfect it would be and didn't pack a swimsuit for Avery.

We played on the beach with Grandma. She's awesome.



We went to parks.

The kids were so good and so happy!


It was 10 days of pure bliss.


Not pictured and other random side notes:
-Helping Grandma clean out the garage. We sold tons of stuff on Craigslist and helped her get ready for moving. It was really fun!
-Saying goodbye to Texas and my parents house. It's so easy to remember my dad when I'm in Texas. It's like I could walk into the room and just picture him sitting at his desk and hear his voice.
-Coming home to Virginia was a little depressing! Our little apartment had dozens of roaches, some dead, some needing to be killed. Yuck!
-We have a closing date for our house: Dec 22! So the countdown begins!

8 comments:

rawhide said...

looks like a lot of fun and your kids are getting big!

JaNae said...

So fun! Sorry you had to come home to your lovely apartment! So glad to hear that there is a closing date.

Tiare Creationz said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mandi said...

What a nice christmas present that will be for all of you! I am so happy for you guys...and have I mentioned a little jealous. :)

Mandi said...

Oh- and I always pray for those extra seats on the plane. I even go ask them at the desk before we board every flight so I can possibly bring on Luke's car seat and strap him in to something!

Tami said...

What a fun trip! I am so looking forward to you moving in and us getting to run again. I went into your house the other day with Kathi. It was fun to walk around and see the layout. It is beautiful!

lockerzinvite said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Veronica said...

I understand how leaving Texas is like leaving a part of your dad behind. I know I would feel the same way if my parents moved from their house because right now...I can feel my sweet brother when I am there. What you wrote about hearing your dad's voice, I think you read my thoughts! Glad you had a fun time there :)