Thursday, December 17, 2009

We will miss you, Baga



As many of you know, Kirtis' dad passed away unexpectedly on December 6th. We have broken hearts, but we feel at peace because we know that our family is in God's hands. He was such a good man and will be greatly missed by his family and many friends. He was such a great father-in-law to me, and grandpa to our kids. (They called him "Baga") When my dad passed, I was especially grateful to have him in our lives.
Thanks to so many of you who have done so much for our family. We can't even begin to tell you how much your love and support has meant to Kirtis and Kristi and our family at this time.

It feels like time has stood still. It's hard to believe it's the 18th of Dec. Avery's birthday is in 2 days, we move into our house in 4 days, and Christmas is in 7 days! Luckily, we have these happy little kids to keep us going.
We hope you are all having a happy and joyful Christmas season.

12 comments:

Veronica said...

I am so so so so sorry!! I don't know what else to say :(

Jen said...

I'm so sorry for your loss, too! Especially the unexpected nature, though I don't know which would be harder, unexpected or if you got to say goodbye. Thinking of you.

Megs said...

I love you Gina (and Kirtis).

Joey and Nettifer said...

I am so sorry Gina! Darn it! I love you and your sweet family!! Amen for our church and our beliefs!

Leslie said...

so sorry for your sad news. my prayers are with you.

Cali Schaack's said...

I hope you know all us (MEIKS) love you and are thinking of you.

Margo said...

I am sooo sorry to hear about your loss. Please know that you are in our thoughts and prayers. Like you said good thing you have those 2 cute little kids to keep you going. Merry Christmas my friend and Happy New Year 2010.

Corinne said...

I'm so sorry to hear that Gina. We will praying for you and your family.

Bellie said...

I am sorry to hear that, I am glad he lived a good life and I am sure he will leave a wonderful legacy. Our thougths and prayers are with you guys and your family :(

Angie said...

I hope Avery had a great birthday. We love you guys.

melbel said...

I'm just catching up on blogs and I'm so sorry to hear about Kirtis' dad. What a hard couple of years you all have had.

I hope you are enjoying your new home and that you had a great Christmas.

Amy said...

We love you and have been praying for you guys. I hope you're doing well.