Friday, March 19, 2010

You say tomato, I say....

These babies needed a new home.
Luckily I have a couple master gardeners living right under my roof.
Here they are soaking up some sun in their roomier pots!
Disclaimer: I'm a total novice at gardening. Just figuring it out as I go. :) I haven't had a summer where we haven't moved in about 3 years. So I'm really hoping this is the year to see my plants from start to finish. I started these seeds at the end of Jan, and I think that was a bit premature, I didn't know they would already be so big! We still have at least a month or more before they can go outside.

4 comments:

Megs said...

Way to go. I feel the same way about gardening. I am finally in one place and I am going to give it a try. I am thinking of doing a small square foot garden. And I guess I need to put Blake to work :)

Johnsons of Haymarket said...

Last year I had my very first garden. It is hard! I guess you learn more year after year. They say not to plant tomoatoes here until May 15th, but I planted mine around May 1st and they did fine. Good luck, I hope they produce a ton!

Young Fam said...

Just noticed you commented on my blog. I check up on yours too. You're such a fun mama.

Jen said...

Best of luck. I bet you'll end up glad they are so big later when they are advanced for their age. I have the most dreadful luck with tomatoes.