Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Less is more. Right??

I seem to be running in a million directions lately. Too many good things to do and never enough time! It's all about carving out time for what is most important and finding that oh-so elusive BALANCE. When you have it figured out please call me and tell me your secrets!

So this is my mantra for the week-

Mothers who know do less. They permit less of what will not bear good fruit eternally. They allow less media in their homes, less distraction, less activity that draws their children away from their home. Mothers who know are willing to live on less and consume less of the world’s goods in order to spend more time with their children—more time eating together, more time working together, more time reading together, more time talking, laughing, singing, and exemplifying. These mothers choose carefully and do not try to choose it all.” – Julie Beck

5 comments:

Jen said...

I really like that quote, and I really like your new header, and I really like you. I am sure you are doing a great job! I find balance very elusive, too. It's so hard to pick what to leave out of the endless possibilities for spending time.

Tami said...

You picked the best out of the conference you missed this weekend. I have to remind myself of that. You are so right, mothers who know, do less. I need to add that to my list of things to do this week. :-)

Amy said...

that is such a great quote. I love it, something I needed to hear.

Kristin and Joe said...

Great quote - great reminder to all of us mothers out there!

Brooke said...

I agree. You know what a hermit I am. :)