Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Bye Grandma and a crazy week

Sunday Grandma Hill left for Utah. It's been really hard on us knowing she would be leaving. It about ripped poor Jackson's heart out. We said goodbye Sunday morning before she left with uncle Alex for her trek cross-country.    
Okay, I'm teary just thinking about this. But she is in great hands. Alex and Polly will make sure she is taken care of. We're just going to miss her a lot!

Also, Sunday would have been Alex Sr.'s 60th birthday. So it was a pretty sad day for us. Tuesday marked 2 years since my dad passed away. I've of course been thinking a lot about our grandpas this week and wishing they could come and play with the grandbabies. I'm wondering if someday I'll understand all of this. I know there is a plan though and part of this life was pain and not all roses. But we CHOSE this plan because we knew it was the better way.
As for something happy, I'm off to Seattle in a few hours for a reunion with my college girlfriends. I'm so excited for the mental break and knowing I'll come back all refreshed and ready to be a mom again.

6 comments:

Amy said...

oh gina ,I was crying reading this!! I know you guys will miss Kristi so much but you are right she is in good hands. Have fun with your college friend trip! I need to get my gals together to do that!

Amy said...

Wow, so many emotions I'm sure. I'm so sad for you to have said good-bye to Grandma. I bet you'll miss her.

I forgot you were getting to Megs' house TODAY. I'm jealous and wish I were already there. Soon enough, though. See you TOMORROW!

Sara said...

I'm glad to know that someone else feels the way I do about all this "plan" stuff. You still miss them even though you have the Gospel. Glad you have a little getaway planned, so fun!!

Angie said...

Oh Gina, what a hard week you had last week. You are such a strong lady and I admire you so much. I hope you're having fun in Seattle. Love u.

pollyhill4 said...

Gina-girl
I hope you had a great time in Seattle. You deserve a break. You guys did so much for Kristi. I am amaze by how well everything went on your end. I feel terrible for you guys. I know how hard it is to loose kristi. She is doing well and we are trying to make her comfortable here. I will call you tomorrow. The last week of school is busy. We love and miss you. Polly

Tami said...

You are such a rock. I often wonder if those that have passed before us are on the other side as our guardian angels.