Tuesday, June 22, 2010

I feel silly

So that surprising flower we saw budding from our "pepper" plant IS indeed a flower plant, I got confused because I started an "assortment of pepper varieties" from seed back in the winter. However, I also planted some flower seeds, but they all died and I threw them out. (Or so I thought!) So,  I thought this plant was just a "different variety" of pepper plant, when it is indeed a VERY different variety, a Dahlia
Kind of embarassing! But before it blossomed it really looked like a baby pepper all tucked away! I guess you see what you want to see!

p.s. Anyone know a good remedy for blossom rot? I have it on my tomatoes and squash- I've read a lot of different solutions online but not sure which way to go- has anyone had this problem before?

4 comments:

Douglas e Derek Santana said...

Olá Kirtis e Gina, a familia de vocês está realmente muito linda, eu não tinha visto Avery ainda ela é uma princesinha e parece muito com a mãe e Jackson cresceu muito desde a ultima vez que o vi pela foto, ele deve ser um menino muito esperto. A horta da Gina está muito linda.
Que Deus continue te abençoando sempre e sempre.

Sarah said...

I've heard that putting egg shells around the plants in the soil helps. Also, water at the base of the plant (not with sprinklers or anything that gets the entire plant wet). Hope that helps!

Jen said...

Awesome! I totally thought a sunflower plant was a watermelon vine once, until it grew and grew and grew taller.

That is a lovely dahlia.

Tami said...

What a fun garden. I am so excited to start getting the fruits of our labor here, too. We need to go running again. Miss ya!