Saturday, July 24, 2010

Sewing Project- Skirt

It's been a long time since I've sewn something just for fun. And the last time I sewed something for ME was probably when I made hawaiian print- pajama bottoms on my mission in Hawaii. Ha ha! 
Anyway, this skirt was really fun to make because I've gotten so much faster at reading/following patterns. It used to take me FOREVER- and I really mean FOREVER!!! But I started this last night and finished it off this morning! I even did my first zipper. I'm not sure if I did it right, but it works and it looks fine to me!

8 comments:

Leslie said...

it's so cute, gina! great job. where did you get the pattern?

Gina said...

Thanks! It's Simplicity pattern #3881.

Marsha said...

I love it, so darling! Way to go!

Tami said...

I love it! Hope to see it soon! :-) Watch out, sewing skirts can be addicting. :-)

JaNae said...

Too cute!

Amy said...

I'm so impressed! It looks fantastic, and of course just plain cute. You make it seem so easy. But really, could even a total novice like me do it??

Gwen said...

SO cute! I wish I had half your talent! Can I send you some fabric ;)

Mandi said...

OK- the turtle thing is hilarious! I don't think I would have even been brave enough to pick it up in the first place.

I love the skirt- you are such a cute little (emphasizing little) model for it too!

I hate that I won't see you every week anymore. We are going to have to be sure to set up play dates and things. See ya