Saturday, July 17, 2010

Water fun

Most of our summer has revolved around pool time. We love our neighborhood pool and have been there almost daily. We're regulars and Jackson has made a couple new friends at the pool that he'll go to school with in the fall. Both Jackson and Avery have become great swimmers. Jackson is now swimming on his own short distances without floaties, and Avery just wears floaties and swims all over the pool and DOES NOT want you to touch her. I don't have any pool pictures. Who remembers to bring their camera to the pool?
But one night my mom and I were out setting the sprinklers and Jackson had a ball in the sprinklers. He's such a funny kid. It was time for him to go to bed, but he was having so much fun and got us laughing so hard, we let the kids stay up and play. Isn't that what summer is for?
Here's our cute little Avery Jane. She has been potty training. I guess she's now "potty trained"- but still has lots of accidents. She is really trying hard- but doesn't want ANY HELP (part of the 2 year old thing!) taking off underwear, putting it on, flushing, etc, etc. I am just gaining more and more patience with each kid! I thought maybe Avery would be my low-key mellow child, but she's definitely got a personality on her. :)

1 comment:

Tami said...

So I love the pictures of Avery. So cute. I have to tell myself to bring the camera to the pool, too. I usually hit one of the kids swim practices a year. Love seeing them play in the backyard and just having fun. :-)