Thursday, August 19, 2010

Rainy day rambles

It rained yesterday. Pretty much the whole day. It was disappointing because we were having friends over and had planned to do water activities in the backyard. However, I'm always happy when it rains because it means I don't have to water our grass and garden. Yeah!

The other good thing about rain, is we have to stay home, and when I stay home I sometimes get around to purging. I have a long list of places to clean out. The BIG ONE is the basement- but I haven't been brave enough to get there yet. The kids played this coin game from No time for flash cards for a good hour while I got to clear out the kids craft cabinet. That felt good.
I used quarters instead of gold coins- and they loved it. I filled in the circles with numbers. It's great because Jackson learns addition, and Avery learns numbers- but to them it's just a fun new hide and seek kind of game.

Wanna hear an embarrassing story? Yesterday I had no piano lessons and Kirtis had to work late, so I planned an evening Target run for school supplies, then a chic-fil-a dinner for the kids.  Long story short, I dented our van on the shopping cart corral as I pulled out of target. My friend Monica was coming out of Target and saw the whole thing happen. At first we saw no damage, then I see this soccer ball size dent! OOOPS! I felt so bad.  So I called Kirtis crying and he told me not to worry about it. It's not like we're driving a lexus. Good point. Then I have blotchy eyes and the kids are begging to go in for dinner, so we do, even though my eyes haven't really recovered, and I see another friend and their family. So I have to explain why I have blotchy crying eyes.  Oh well! I guess I'm glad to live in a place where you always run into people you know when you're shopping, but it would have been nice to have dented the car without anyone I know there to see it happen!

7 comments:

just jen said...

ummm...have you seen all of the dents and scratches on my car? and all of them involve parking lots...i have parking issues, apparently.

kirtis is a good husband!

Megs said...

I used that game for preschool this year and they loved looking for the "coins" That is a great website for fun activities.
So sorry about the car. I wish I didn't cry so easily. I cry way too much :)

Team Covey said...

That is so hard about the parking lot. You just wish for a large rewind button! Cute games for the kiddos.

Amy said...

That's a good stor - the one about denting the car. Don't feel so bad. I dinged our car a few years ago trying to type in a code at one of those apartment code typer box thingies. I felt horrible to have to tell Danny. I can't remember if I cried or not. Probably.

That looks like a cool game for kids. I'll have to use it with Dallin on his days off of school.

Tami said...

You are awesome! I always run into friends when I didn't get time to take a shower. That's okay, you see me without taking a shower, all the time. :-) WE need to run again. :-)

Angie said...

Oh Gina! I felt so bad when I read your story about the accident!! That's the worst feeling. I'm so sorry! i'm sure Chik-fil-a smoothed it over a little bit....

Cherilyn said...

3 hours after we bought our Honda Odyssey a lady rear ended me pulling out of a parking stall. Darn parking lots! I hope you are doing great. We miss you and your cute family!