Tuesday, September 14, 2010

First day of school

Jackson was so excited to go to Kindergarten! He started school on Sept 7.
What a cutie!
The backpack
The whole family walked him to the bus stop.
Both Grandmas were able to be there. Here's us with Gramma H.
And Gramma M.
Waiting for the bus
The whole bus stop
Avery wasn't sure what to think
We were able to snap a quick picture before the bus driver told me to get off the bus. :)
I cried as we watched the bus pull out. I made some of the other moms of older kids cry too!
We totally forgot about Avery while we were getting Jackson on the bus! She'll get her fair share of attention at home by herself this year though.

I just can't believe my little boy is going to school. He absolutely LOVES it. Everyone told me to be prepared for the tiredness and crankiness as they adjust to school. (We have full day kindergarten here.) So far we have had no problem. (knock on wood!) He comes home happy and talking about friends and recess and cute girls. Kindergarten is right up his alley. We are so proud of you Jackson!

5 comments:

Amy said...

Way to well document it all! I loved how utterly excited he was. Even to ride the bus (exactly of Emily's first bus ride). My favorite is how ticked off Avery was. :)

Melanni said...

LOVE the picture of Avery at the end(0: I can't believe Jackson's in Kindergarten. I've been scrapbooking lately and I've come accross some preschool pictures from last year and Jackson has really grown a lot in a year! I'm glad he's loving Kingergarted!

Melanni said...

Um, I mean Kindergarten(0:

Angie said...

I loved Avery's "left out" face!

Mandi said...

I am so glad that he loves it! I hate sending them off but it is so much easier when they are excited about it. We miss you guys!