Thursday, September 2, 2010

Meet the teacher day

Kindergarten is DAYS away! We went to Jackson's "Meet the teacher" this afternoon. It was just perfect. His teacher is darling. She's taught for 5 years- she seems to be very on top of things and is super nice to boot. I couldn't be more pleased. 


I wasn't expecting it, but as soon as I walked in the classroom- I was just teary-eyed. Everything looked just perfect. Cute things on the walls, blocks, cubbies, markers, and crayons in bins. Just like in the Berenstein Bears "Go to school" book (which we've read a LOT recently). I just couldn't believe that the time was really here and that my little baby boy is all grown up. I'm so excited for him, but I also know I'm going to be a little bit of a wreck on the first day.

The kiddos got to go on a bus ride around the school (Jackson loved it!) and see the cafeteria, their classroom and we got Jackson a school spirit shirt which he was excited to wear as soon as he got home. The school mascot is the Knights, which couldn't be more perfect for Jackson. I won't forget my camera for the first day of school!
--------

3 comments:

Lynette said...

We went and met Carson's teacher today too! And just like you, when I walked down the hall to his classroom I had a lump in my throat...I can't believe these cute boys are going to SCHOOL!

Tami said...

Meet us all at Panera's after you drop him off at school for the happy and sadness to share. It helps me hold my tears off for a little while.

Angie said...

Sniff sniff....Panera it is on the first day!