Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Hello! I'm alive

Boy I have some catching up to do! Here's a random list of what we've been up to.

1. My mother in law Kristi was here for a month. We had a blast. And she kept our fridge and tummies full. I gained 5 pounds.
2. Jackson loves Kindergarten. It is so his style. When I went to lunch with him, two little girls told me they were "in love with Jackson." I told them I loved him too- he's such a fun and nice boy! Kirtis and I sometimes fight over who gets to take him to (or pick up) from the bus stop.
3. I had a sinus infection from hades.
4. I've taught a bazillion piano lessons and I'm seriously loving it! I've been so blessed in this endeavor and surprised by the response! It has been such a great way to get to know more people in our community. I love watching these kiddos progress, and I'm learning SO much too.
5. Avery is a master toilet-user. It took a little time, but not too bad compared to her brother. This is such a great milestone. I'm so proud of her and glad for ME. :)
6. I have a million photos to post. I've got to catch up sometime.
7. We put in new landscaping. It looks great. We've only killed one tree so far.
8. My sister Tammy is getting married in November. We are so happy for her. My mom has been the super wedding planner/dressmaker/designer/wardrobe-shopper/cake-maker extraordinaire.
9. My husband is amazing. Builder/landscaper/father/employee/exececutivesecretary/he does it ALL, and works harder than anyone I know, but always puts me first. I'm super lucky.
10. I'm so happy that it finally feels like fall! Enough of the 90 degree temps already!

3 comments:

Amy said...

Wow, you guys have had a busy month. Can't wait to see pics of the new yard (though it'll probably just make me jealous because it will be all green and lush and lovely - you just can't do that here in the desert). I'm so glad for you too that Avery is potty trained. That's the best.

bethany said...

So jealous that both kids are potty trained!! I can't wait for that day to come!

Tami said...

So fun to hear your update! I feel like I talk to you less now that we aren't running together. I am walking right now, anyway to let my heel heal. Hee hee. Love how that worked out. Where were you last week? Heard you went out of town. Talk to you soon!