Saturday, May 21, 2011

Remembering our Baga

(I originally intended to have this post on Grandpa Hill's Birthday-May 16.)

I was blessed with the most wonderful, loving father-in-law. 
When my own dad passed, I truly looked to Alex as I would my own dad.
Now both Grandpas are in heaven watching over our little family together! 
Alex was always so positive and supportive of every little thing that I did and made me feel like I was such a good mom and wife and daughter. He would ooh and aah over my homemade bread and rolls. I loved making them if he would be in town because he would make me feel like I was the greatest cook in the world. 
I remember he passed away a few days after my birthday. A few days later I found the birthday card from him that I hadn't opened yet.  Needless to say I cherish that card and that last writing of his to me.

Here are just a few pictures. 
We miss our dad and grandpa experiencing all the events of our lives with us. 
On our wedding day....
Jackson's birth
Grandpa Hill adored babies- just like Kirtis does. :) 
With baby Avery
We'll never forget the sound he would make when he would play with our babies. :)

 We love and miss you Baga!

3 comments:

JaNae said...

Gina! Man...what a rough month of good memories...so glad you have two wonderful Grandpas to look over your family! Hang in there!

Robyn said...

Ryan was just a few months old when Alex swiped him from me while I tried to put on the ward Christmas dinner! He was very sweet with the babies and Ryan's never been better cared for!

Julianne said...

Gina, oh my goodness. I'm so sorry to hear this news. I am praying for you.

Also, I'd really love to see you and give you a great big huge hug. I'm here in MD living at my parents house, and we are just too close not to make it happen. I'm more than willing to come to you. Please let me know when works for you. Lots of love, Julianne