Tuesday, January 12, 2016

Avery's Baptism

Avery was baptized on January 2, 2016. 
It was a beautiful day! Grandma Kristi came. 
Kirtis baptized and confirmed her. 

I gave a talk on baptism. I talked about how when we lived in Texas we loved to drive past the big mansions in Sugar Land. Most of these beautiful homes were surrounded by a large fence with a regal gate. I talked about some of the details of these homes, fountains, even golden lions decorated the outsides of these homes. Then I compared baptism with opening the gate on the pathway to Heaven, as mentioned in 2 Nephi 31. Avery started her pathway to Heaven by making a covenant- a promise with God. 




As she came out the water, she told me that getting baptized was the most wonderful feeling ever. She is truly an amazing and special girl! After the baptism, Kirtis told me that her and some of her friends were sitting and eating refreshments. Kirtis asked them if they were having a little party, and Avery told him, "No, we are just talking about the feelings we had at baptism." I'm so glad she has made this decision. 

She wants to be the best she can be. She wrote down her New Year's resolution: Be Kinder and Be Healthier. I thought those were perfect! I'm so proud of her!

No comments: